Young Person Membership
The Youth Association is all about young people. It’s why we were created, it’s what we do and it’s young people that we listen to first. We work with thousands of young people in Yorkshire every year. Lots of young people ask us how they can get more involved in our work, so here are a few things you can do right now.
You can follow this link to become a member of the Association, because it’s a great way for us to stay in touch with you and let you know about new work and things we are doing.
Our management and Board of Trustees work closely with a panel of Young Advisors, who help us to make sure that we run our charity in ways that meet young people’s needs and keep them as our number one priority. If you are already working with us, just talk to your youth worker about becoming an Advisor, or if you’re not working with us at the minute, just contact us to let us know that you want to be an Advisor and we’ll get back to you.
We can offer you great opportunities and experience through our Young Inspectors programme and help you to start your own business through our Young Upstarts programme or even get involved in some creative design, public speaking and social media management though our Young Promoters programme.
Most of all, we can help you to achieve your goals and ambitions. Just ring, tweet, mail or message your ideas or concerns and we’ll see how we can help you. When it comes down to it, we want to be able to help you do one of these things:
- We will help you build your self-confidence and give you opportunities to do things that will make you feel proud of yourself and your achievements.
- We will help you to work out what your goals and aspirations are.
- We will help you to make progress in achieving your goals and aspirations.
- We will offer practical help if you want to start a business, get a job or get on a course.
- We will be here to listen to you and trust you when you need us and we will never judge you.
- We will give you the chance to meet new people, work in groups and make friends.